Do your lip lines reveal your age?
It is true, lip wrinkles can give away your age before you even say a word. But what are the causes of lip wrinkles? From a macro-level, it may be a result of the “natural” aging process that begins in our late teen years and continues at a rate of 1% every year after the age of 18. During this time, collagen, elastin, and even facial fat gradually decrease. Initially, the effects are minimal but cumulatively through our lives lip wrinkles begin to appear in the form of lines and permanent creases. In this post we will first cover some of the causes of lip wrinkles and potential lip line solutions.
There are other contributors to fine lines and wrinkles to include behavioral factors. Poor air quality, pollution, and UV rays are notorious for damaging effects on skin. While the sun is the greatest source of UV radiation, mobile devices, computer monitors, and television sets emit low levels of UV light. In aggregate, if you are involved in any activities associated with these factors, this can cause skin damage that ultimately leads to fine lines and even deeper wrinkles.
Repeatedly using your lips when drinking through straws and smoking can be factors in developing lines around the mouth. Furthermore, chronic dehydration can cause fine lines and wrinkles around mouth and all over the face and neck. This should not be confused with dry skin, which is a skin type, that lacks oil. Dehydration of the skin is a temporary condition that may be addressed by both topical and internal remedies.
But what are the options to prevent and even reverse lines and wrinkles?
Medical-grade skin care and innovative treatments that in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle can literally reverse the signs of aging. At Vitality Aesthetics, we offer strategies to get your lips looking their best. These can be used individually or synergistically, based on your needs. The following are a few lip line solutions to rejuvenate the lips and the areas surrounding the lips.
- Our topical hyaluronic lip booster is a great daily option to enhance the fullness and hydration of your lips. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that is produced by the body. Its primary role is to retain water to keep tissues lubricated and your lips and skin plump.
- The Sculplla Mask uses a biostimulator, poly-l-lactic acid, to hydrate the skin and is accompanied by Celluma LED technology, which is FDA-cleared to treat inflammation and wrinkles and improve blood circulation to the treated area. We recommend incorporating a topical biostimulator with at-home regimens to encourage the body to make elastin and collagen and to reinforce professional treatments performed at Vitality Aesthetics.
- Hyaluronic needleless injections return natural looking fullness to the lips. Using pressure, hyaluronic acid penetrates the skin without the use of a needle and therefore risks associated with injections. This is a terrific option for those who are afraid of needles.
- Plasma/Fibroblast Pen Skin Tightening is yet another option for wrinkles around the lips and other areas of the face and body.
- Broad spectrum SPF should be part of everyone’s daily regimen. Always conclude your morning skin care routine with sunscreen from our medical-grade skin care line.
All procedures are performed by professionally licensed and registered personnel with a combined 30 years experience in aesthetics.
That is just a cursory overview of some of the results-oriented products, treatments, and technology we offer at Vitality Aesthetics. If you have lines and wrinkles around your lips or you have lost lip fullness or volume, we can help. Our lip line solutions are non-invasive and have little to no downtime. Feel free to give us a call to schedule an appointment or send us a picture of your face for a telephone consultation to see what options would work best for you. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and we look forward to helping you achieve “the best version of yourself.”